CINNAMON SCENTED ORNAMENTS
If you love the aroma of cinnamon this ones for you to dangle off your Chrissy tree.
What you need:
1 mixing bowl
Board or surface to roll dough on
Fine ribbon or string
1 c ground cinnamon
1 tb gound cloves
1 tb ground nutmeg
1 tb gound ginger
1 c drained applesauce
2 tb white craft glue
Do NOT eat, this is an ornament purely for decoration.
1. Combine the cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and ginger into a mixing bowl.
2. Add the applesauce and the glue.
3. Work in all the ingredients with hands until ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
4. If desired, divide into sections and mix food dye.
5. Roll out dough mixture on a floured surface to approximately 1/4 inch thickness.
6. Cut dough with cookie cutters.
7. Make a hole at the top of the ornament.
8. Lay out flat to dry in room temperature for several days.
9. When completely dry, thread ribbon or string through the hole of the ornament.
Drop some food dye into mixture for a variety of festive colours.