PAPER PLATE CHRISTMAS WREATH
This craft project will guide you through making a homemade Paper Plate Christmas Wreath. This is a fun, easy, and affordable activity that's great for kids and adults alike. The resulting wreath is perfect for hanging on your door or anywhere around the house to spread the holiday cheer.
- Paper plates (the sturdy kind, not foam)
- Green construction paper
- Red pom-poms or red construction paper (for holly berries)
- Craft glue
- Ribbon for hanging
- Prepare your workspace: Start by clearing a space on a table or counter where you can spread out your materials and work comfortably.
- Cut out the center of the paper plate: Take your paper plate and your scissors and cut out the center of the plate so you are left with a round "wreath" shape. It's easiest if you fold the plate in half lightly to make the first cut.
- Cut out leaves from the green construction paper: Draw leaf shapes onto your green construction paper with your pencil. Each leaf should be about 2 inches long, but they don't all need to be the exact same size or shape - a little variation makes your wreath look more natural. Cut out the leaves with your scissors.
- Glue the leaves onto the paper plate: Using your craft glue, stick the green leaves onto your paper plate wreath. You can cover the entire plate, or leave some space and create a pattern - it's entirely up to you!
- Add the holly berries: If you're using red pom-poms, simply glue them randomly among the leaves. If you're using red construction paper, cut out small circles and glue them onto the wreath.
- Allow the wreath to dry: After you've attached all of your leaves and berries, allow the wreath to dry completely. This will usually take a couple of hours.
- Add a ribbon: Once the wreath is dry, attach a ribbon to the top. You can either glue it to the back or make a small hole in the plate and thread it through. Make sure the ribbon is securely attached before you hang the wreath.
- Display your Christmas wreath: Now your homemade Paper Plate Christmas Wreath is ready to be hung up and enjoyed. Whether you place it on your door or around the house, it's sure to add a festive touch to your holiday decorations.
This is an excellent project for getting creative and making each wreath unique. You could add glitter, use different colored paper for the leaves, or even add a bow made from ribbon. Enjoy this festive crafting experience!