CHRISTMAS MEMORY LANE ADVENTURE FOR FAMILIES
This family Christmas activity is designed to reinforce your familial bonds and to help pass on a sense of reverence and togetherness from one generation to another. It's designed to allow you to take a nostalgic trip down memory lane, as family members of all ages share and learn about their past Christmases, and create new memories together.
1. Old family photo albums or digital photos
1. Set the Stage:
- Clear a cozy area in your living room.
2. The Timeline:
- On a large piece of paper or poster board, draw a timeline. Mark down years starting from the earliest Christmas memory up to the present year.
3. Memory Sharing:
- Begin with the oldest family member. Ask them to share a Christmas memory from their earliest recollection. While they share, younger family members can look for photos from around that year in the albums.
4. Home Video Time:
- If you have old home videos, intersperse the sharing with clips from past Christmases.
5. Sketch & Share:
- For those years where there aren’t any photos or if the family wants to add more to the timeline:
6. Music & Dance:
- After a set of memories, play a Christmas song from the era being discussed. Have a mini dance break or sing-along!
7. Decor Memory:
- If you have old Christmas decorations or trinkets, bring them out. Let family members share stories about them. This could be about an old ornament, a special Christmas stocking, or even a particular Christmas card.
8. Memory Creation:
- To cap off the evening, ensure that you create a new memory. This could be:
Wrap up the evening by expressing gratitude for the shared memories and the opportunity to be together. As years go by, this "Christmas Memory Lane Adventure" can become a cherished tradition, with new memories added to the timeline every year.
Home | | Links
This website is © 2000-2023 Curiosity Cave Pty Ltd